Saturday, December 12, 2009

Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister - Screen Adaptation

I missed "Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister" when it was shown on TV (based on the book of the same name, by Gregory Maguire, which is a retelling of Cinderella) by only a couple of hours and have had it in my TiVo 'watch-list' ever since. It's never aired again, as far as I know and I've only seen dubious looking DVDs available (see the 'cover' above). I can't believe they haven't officially released this mini-series as I often hear requests for it. (Probably mired down in a copyright issue.) What I didn't realize is that some kind person put it on YouTube a while back for us all to see. (Yay! And thank you to them!)

It's in 9 parts and I'm trying something different. I made a playlist and am attempting to embed it below (so it will automatically play through the parts in order without you having to find and click the next one). I hope it works! (You should see arrows at the sides of the YouTube frame to navigate back and forth between the parts.) Oh - and you may want to click that 'full screen' button too. :)

Enjoy!

Here's the cover of the book the movie is based on. You can find more information on it by clicking the image.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner My Ping in TotalPing.com